KINGSTON, Jamaica - Two days after the season’s first two Classic events – the 1000 and 2000 Guineas races – the three-year-old and upward Open Allowance/Graded Stakes Lady Geeta Trophy is the top-level contest on Monday’s (June 7) programme.
Eight runners are down to take part in the 6-furlong (1,200m) event as they compete for a purse of $1.5 million.
Below is the analysis of the runners.
1. DUKE: (5 gr h by Casual Trick – Lady McBeth) – Consistent run-on sprinter who should truly enjoy this distance. Duke, despite totting top weight of 58.0 kgs (128 lb) breaking from the number one draw, can get up in time for the win.
- ROJORN DI PILOT: (5 b c by Liquidity – I’m Magic) – A winner over the straight on last who cannot make it two in a row in his first time in this grouping.
- AWESOME TREASURE (USA): (4 b f by Awesome of Course – Bossy Gal) – Sixth in the Labour Day Trophy over 7 furlongs on May 25. Awesome Treasure is up against faster rivals and thus, cannot be given a true chance of winning this race.
- HARRY’S TRAIN (USA): (6 ch m by Discreetly Mine – Sweet Dixie) – Will probably lead then fade away.
- EROY (USA): (4 b c by Khozan – Golden Bucket) – Was expected to do much better than his ninth-place finish in the recent Saint Cecelia Cup over 6 ½ furlongs (1,300m). Still at home here, Eroy can turn around his form and put these in their place, but he had failed to fire so many times it has become difficult to follow him.
- FATHER PATRICK: (5 b g by Nuclear Wayne – Late Appeal) – Talented runner who has been struggling in recent times. Father Patrick has been training well coming into this race and looks to have the beating of these. Father Patrick should benefit from the apprentice’s claiming moving down from 59.0 kgs (130 lb) to 57.0 kgs (126 lb).
- DEEP BLUE SEA: (5 ch h by Blue Pepsi Lodge – Antoinette) – Deep Blue Sea is expected to lead and the give way in the straight.
DOUBLE CROWN: (4 y ch g by Bellamy Road – Salty Talk) – Finished fifth in the Labour Day Trophy over 7 furlongs and May 25 on his seasonal debut. Double Crown is going to find 6 furlongs too short for him and should be left alone.