KINGSTON, Jamaica – With no trophy race listed on the eight-race card on Monday, April 19, the three-year-old and upwards Overnight Allowance event at five furlongs straight should attract most attention.
The sprint sees the return to competitive racing of Sparkle Diamond now trained by Anthony Nunes and Sir Alton under the care of Jason DaCosta.
The following published below is the analysis of this sprint.
- ACTION RUN: (USA): (4 dkb/br c by Uncaptured – Fast Action) – Returning from a break of 135 days and may need the run to get fully ready plus drawn at one down the straight is not the best situation.
- MR UNIVERSE: (6 ch h by Region of Merit – Raging Fury) – A known speedster who has been here and further before. Mr Universe’s career has been rejuvenated and he has every chance of winning, especially with this lightweight and an in-form apprentice holding the reins.
- SPARKLE DIAMOND: (USA): (4 ch c by Include – Myntz Connection) – Finished down the track in the Christopher Armond Trophy over 5 ½ furlongs (1,100m) behind Trevor’s Choice on December 26, 2020. Two weeks before, Sparkle Diamond posted 1:04.4 for 5 ½ furlongs, showing that he is a talented runner. Sparkle Diamond has had his fair share of injury problems but is a capable runner who can run these into the ground. Races for the first time under the care of champion trainer Anthony Nunes and with the figure 8 on.
- MONEY MONSTER: (4 b c by Casual Trick – She’s Traditional) – Finished fifth behind Patriarch in the Easter Sprint on April 8 over 5 ½ furlongs in his first run at this level. Money Monster faces a daunting task against foreigners Sparkle Diamond and Sir Alton.
- SIR ALTON: (USA): (3 dkb c by Giant Surprise – Jadam) – Out for the first time this year since placing second behind Horse of the Year Nipster in a 7 ½ furlong event in November of 2020. Sir Alton is more suited to this sprint event, and based on his class and talent can win this.
- DRUMMER BOY: (6 b h by Natural Selection – Preach Preacher) – Cannot be recommended based on current form.
- ROJORN DI PILOT: (5 b c by Liquidity – I’m Magic) – Will be outsprinted.
- LABAN: (4 b c by Sensational Slam – For Trixie) – Finished in third place behind Patriarch in the recent Easter Sprint Cup. Laban is in a tough, spot but can go home earning.
- UNCLE VINNIE: (7 dkb h by Bridled Quest – Kathythetraina) – Uncle Vinnie is going to find rivals too hot to handle.