KINGSTON, Jamaica – The 2019 Classic season gets into high gear with the first of the trial races – the Hotline and Sir Howard Stakes.
The Hotline is for fillies only at the non-winners of two level while the Sir Howard is for colt and geldings. Both races are to be competed for over six furlongs.
The Hotline Stakes has attracted seven starters, with Casual Drink, Princess Annie and Lady Blue making a welcome return to competitive racing.
- LADY BLUE: (3-y-o, ch. f – Blue Pepsi Lodge – The Vibes Lady) – Last raced on November 24, 2018 when after leading she finished second behind the impressive Corazon. Six furlongs in right up the street of Lady Blue and she has been meticulously prepared for this run. Lady Blue should do well in this trophy race without winning.
- SI ME NOW: (3-y-o, ch.f – Forest Danger – Quiet Giant) – Won well on January 19 and even with the blinkers and tongue tie on for this race, Si Me Now probably needs more time.
- ENEDINA: (3-y-o, b f – Film Director – Yaella) – Enedina showed she was above normal when winning over 5 1/2 furlongs (1,100m) in a good time of 1:07.3 on last. She is going to run well here. Half sister to Campesino.
- SPECIAL COUNSEL: (3-y-o, gr f – Silent Valor – Crucial Cat) – Won over the five straight on January 26 and is going to need some more time.
- PRINCESS ANNIE: (3-y-o, b f – Northern Giant – Millennium Princess) – Coming back to the track after a break of approximately five months. Princess Annie gives the impression that going over longer distances is better for her.
- CASUAL DRINK: (3-y-o, b f – Casual Trick – Zacapa) – Highly thought of filly from the camp of trainer Gary Subratie. Casual Drink showed his class when she won a maiden special weight event over 5 1/2 furlongs in a time of 1:06.4 during last year's two-year-old campiagn. This filly represents the class of the race, she is well rested and is coming here to give her best and probably more.
- PRINCESS LAUREN: (3-y-o, ch f – Soul Warrior – Lipstick Lily) – Won well debut over 6 furlongs on February 9 in a time of 1:14.1. Although Princess Lauren looks to be a good one in the making, she is going to find a few in her way here.
|RACE 7||The Hotline Stakes - six furlongs||3:55 PM|
|1||LADY BLUE||Led6furs,1lgth2nd toCorazon inPick3Chal||116 Dclass||2/1--95%|
|2||SI ME NOW||Led5furs out,bt.Envisaged gamely by1lgth||83 Eclass||35/1-10%|
|3||ENEDINA||Led,bt.Cryptocurrency by2lgths,improving||108 Dclass||5/1--89%|
|4||SPECIAL COUNSEL||10/1,led,bt.Cryptocurrency by2lgths,fitter||81 Eclass||16/1-20%|
|5||PRINCESS ANNIE||Fav,prom,led1fur out,bt.Cairo by5lths,game||109 Dclass||3/1--90%|
|6||CASUAL DRINK||Bt.PrincessAnnie by7lths.2lths 2ndTopShelf||110 Dclass||5/2--93%|
|7||PRINCESS LAUREN||Strong,scope,ran on,bt.BlackRiver by3lgths,||101 Dclass||12/1-25%|